View Single Post
Unread 01-27-2018, 11:46 AM   #24
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Losey View Post
mostly because few companies make them

my Beans boots are 12" that was the tallest they had when i bought them- when i was young I had 16" lace up leather boots like you see in the old pictures - loved those - hook eyed, no "speed Laces", I had a way of holding the laces and going side to side to lace them in seconds - first wife threw them out.

i really should have gotten a pair of Gokey's years ago- my duck hunting mentor when i was young was a Gokey - although the family had sold the business by then - he was a quiet man and deep down as tough as the boots
I think Beans still makes the 16'' boot. I have seen some tall leather boots but mostly those are all more like logging boots. Red Wing used to make a tall leather boot and guess they still could if they thought they would sell.

That is awesome that you got to know the Gokey clan. Great history. Definitely not a disposable boot. Problem is finding a shoe cobbler to work on your good stuff. I have pair of the 10 inch boot I think they call Sadonna model now and the snake boots. Boots will probably out last me.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Todd Poer For Your Post: