View Single Post
Unread 08-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Hey Guys!!!

Ummm - this has been discussed several times - and I have to say that Mark does an AMAZING job with the letters, so I will always defer to his input and preferences... I think that the issue is.......

Folks send in checks - and if the records exist - Mark Conrad does a superior job getting the research on its way...

But - if research information in the form of the factory books/records doesn't exist for that serial numbered Parker, Mark simply returns the check...

Now - by comparison - on-line payments are immediate.. So, if folks send in a payment (we now have their money) and if records do NOT exist - then it becomes a little problematic on returning the funds. As most know - in PayPal - PayPal takes a handling fee for each transaction. So - if we try to return the funds - all the funds are not there to return..? While a small percent, and might be inconsequential to many - it IS consequential to me - and I believe Mark as well...

Again - while I have some ideas - I would need to talk to Mark FIRST - and then present those ideas in unison with Mark to the BOD to whatever Mark and I might come up with and agree to on this topic. On my end - it would be easy to set it up and make it trackable - BUT....

The Research Letters are Mark's show - and I have to tell you - he does a thankless volunteer job for all of us... So I will always defer to Mark on this...

(Can you tell I hold a HUGE RESPECT for Mark Conrad?? He's one of the guys who say's "I'll get it done" - and just "does it" - each and every day....)

To Mark:

To all of you - many thanks!!!

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to John Dunkle For Your Post: