View Single Post
Unread 08-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #11
Graham Mason
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
G., the 28 serial numbers began with a "28", whether a one barrel set or a two barrel set. There are no 20-28 sets. The 28 was built on the 00 frame and the 20 was built on the 0 frame. They do not fit back and forth. The 16-20 set was made from a 20 gauge gun and the serial number begins with a "20". The 28 inch barrel gun is hard to find for sale and sells for more than the 26 inch barrel gun. For future collector appreciation, the best buy is a two barrel set that includes a 26 and a 28 inch barrel set.
Thank-you for the reply,Bill.

From what I understand there was a Winchester Parker DHE small gauge combo,with 28 gauge and .410 barrels.I will assume that the serial numbers for these shotguns began with 28 as well.

In a book that I started reading today there is a section about the Winchester Parker.There is a picture of a Winchester Parker 28 gauge that has a serial number of 28-4037.If the serial numbers started at 1 this would seem to indicate more than 3500 28 gauge shotguns being produced.Does anyone know what serial number the 28 gauge Winchester Parker shotguns started with?

The book also states that DHE,BHE and A-1 Special grades were listed for the 28 gauge.The last two grades were offered between 1987 and 1989.Any thoughts on this?
Graham Mason is offline   Reply With Quote