View Single Post
Unread 04-18-2023, 05:29 PM   #25
Bill Jolliff
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,185 Times in 272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Srebro View Post
I shoot 1/2 ounce of 8's and 9's in 410's (2-1/2" shells) quite often and have to be dead nuts centered on the bird or it's a miss. 1/2 ounce in a 12-gauge has got to be just as critical if not more so owing to the much shorter shot column. Bill, I've never been at your local Clays course but I'm wondering if it’s set with a lot of "cupcape" presentations, to use the jargon of sporting clays shooters.
Hi Frank,

Yes, our course has a lot of "cupcake" presentations that do not include any real long, Bo Whoop type shots. Hence, a half ounce of shot in the right place will "kill" your bird. There are enough tricky ones tho that will make you humble.

Ya gota hit 'em tho. 1/2 ounce or 1 ounce, ya gota hit 'em!

Admittedly, some by what you have called, a "Golden BB" that produces that visible chip. (I sure wish they put more of those in a bag of shot.)

We don't keep score but we do like to do the best we can. For me, and the mostly old farts I shoot with most of the time, it's more social and it's good exercise. As in, a one mile plus walk carrying a 7 1/2 pound side by side. A Fox or Parker of course.
Bill Jolliff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Jolliff For Your Post: