View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2021, 10:04 AM   #16
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,304 Times in 445 Posts

This is a common question in many parts of the country. I'm a fourth generation Coloradan with deep roots steeped in the western traditions I was raised in. Colorado has experienced absolutely crazy growth from people relocating here from other states and because of this, things here are changed forever.

Just about everyone I've talked to that have been long time Coloradans all have the desire to pull up stakes and move somewhere they see as their utopia. I'm in the same boat myself especially since I retired three years ago. I'm in a situation where I am the care provider for my 90yr old mother and can't move because of this. Believe me when I say, if things were different I would be out of here. I've thought about where I would go a lot over the years and have came to the conclusion they there is no perfect place, especially as you grow older. Things are changing so fast these days with so many people on the move from one place to another that it makes it really hard to pick a place because the place you have chosen will be changing as more people discover it and move there as well. One big factor to consider is when you move into a new state or small town. You will be an outsider and it will take a long time for you to be accepted & may never be fully accepted.

I've even considered leaving the country and have looked at some of those options, but have come to the conclusion that's not realistic for me. It's really too bad that Mexico is so screwed up. I could easily live some where in Mexico where it's warm year around and has great fishing, upland bird & waterfowl hunting close by combined with a low cost of living.

I dream of these things, but the realities of life have me tied down, so these things will remain a dream for now. Good luck with you're personal dreams, but keep in mind that ten years from now everything will be different due to how fast things are changing in this country. America is on the move!!
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paul Ehlers For Your Post: