View Single Post
Unread 11-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #24
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Christie View Post
I'd sure try the polywad spreaders. They work like Gangbusters. Even the 16 ga version which is sort of as red headed step-child. If shot 1 is a spreader is a spreader and shot 2 is a standard round you effectively have a side by side. I use the spreaders in a 20 ga Model 11 full choke that is in close relation time and condition-wise to your 16. Works great but I shoot it rarely. I do have a Sweet 16 w/ Briley steel shot choke tubes in it and used it for roosters in the no-tox mandated public lands. It has killed bushel of roosters but I have relegated it to the safe as Parkers (my great-grandfather's DHE) are more fun.

The Sweet 16 has a lot of warts but is one heck of a rooster gun. I might be persuaded to sell it to a good home. I'd have to think about it.
Seems to me that some guys can shoot over the hump and some cannot. Since some of my earliest shooting was with my grandfather's ancient Model 11, 12 ga, I'm used to that hump and I kinda prefer it.

I'm shooting a Model 11, 20 with a Polychoke at skeet now, and the Parker SBT at trap. I do change guns every now and then just because I like to, but it doesn't help my scores any.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote