Unread 11-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Edit - and now open.......

You know what Rich?

The more I think about your post above - the more it infuriates me.. Can you PM me the names of the life members that said that - as I'd love to have a conversation with them.

In my world - this organization is about all the Members - lifers, annual members - and YES - even collectors that contribute on this forum each and every day...

Heck - I started as an annual Member - and then joined for "life" (I looked up the life insurance acquity table - and was assured I'd live a long life )

That anyone would tell you "..that the annual member isn't committed to the PGCA.." goes against my grain and my belief as to what the PGCA is to all... Hell - I run this site - volunteer my time, software and all - each and every day. I get the other jobs of reconciling Member dates between Mary and I several times a day - and get to handle phone calls from folks who are confused about this site (several times a week) - or e-mail me to bitch and moan about something in this community. I also have the dis-honor of banning folks on rare occasions - and getting to handle their diatribes after the fact.

Yes - the PGCA pays for 1/4 of my Internet Connections costs - but I pay for the rest - out of my own pocket... So, I think I'm right in saying - if anyone says Annual Members - and ANYONE isn't about the PGCA - PM me their name. I'd be delighted to call them personally.

At the same time - I can and will tell you - I'm not on the BOD (nor pretend to be). If you want an active voice - step forward and just "do it". Not that I'm a great example - but, that's what I did? And now look at me - OK - so I have no life...

Carry on - and don't you dare leave the PGCA thinking any/or EVERY Member doesn't count.

Just from my end of the telescope.

- John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote