View Single Post
Unread 12-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #22
Mark Conrad
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Cronin View Post
505 ponies is quite impressive! My question is what does it have for torque - "fun to ride factor"? Because that’s the kind of power that counts in real-world riding—pulling away from stop lights, passing a truck at 65 MPH in top gear, and just flat out hauling ass!

A real head turner Mark. Having that much under the hood or in my case my Harley Davidson with more than twice the amount of HP and TQ than stock -- there is a price to pay... replacing rear tires from smoking 'em, clutches, brake pads, etc, etc...

Congrats,

Frank
Well the torque is only 470 ft lbs in a 3000 lb car. It willl break the 12 inch tires loose at will. Actually I need a new set of tires for the rear. The engine is the LS7 motor, 427 cubic inches, which will probably be dropped when the C7 comes out. This car will get 30 miles to the gallon on the road. I hear the C7 will have a motor that is less than 350 cubic inches and it will put out 450, 550 and 650 hp. I really don't see how they can make them any better but I am sure they will.

Mark
Mark Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote