View Single Post
Unread 10-04-2019, 09:07 AM   #5
Kevin McCormack
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,619 Times in 1,024 Posts

Frank, the 'Eclipse' shell description reminds me of the "Wanda" brand shells introduced in the (I think) 1970s. Hull was completely plastic, a semi-transparent burgundy color, so you could see all the internal components, almost like a cutaway sample shell. They weren't around too long and I don't know what became of the company/brand. They predated my reloading career by several years, so I never saved any of them.

The Bornaghi 'Discovery' pic and description reminds me of some of the shells the Italians, Spanish and Portuguese competitors used to bring over for the International Grand Prix shoot up at Ontelaunee Rod & Gun north of Allentown PA in the 1990s. The shot load was the only restriction specified in ammo (max. 7/8 oz.) by international rules. One brand they loved was the Melior "Meteor" (Italy).

One day between squads we set up a portable Oehler chronograph on a picnic table and using a gun rest tested a few rounds. All of them showed velocities in the 1405-10 range.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th.jpg (18.4 KB, 244 views)

Last edited by Kevin McCormack; 10-04-2019 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: include picture
Kevin McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevin McCormack For Your Post: