View Single Post
Unread 07-19-2017, 12:30 PM   #11
MD*GSP
PGCA Member

Member Info

Alpha 100

durability - well made and withstands harsh environments, inclusive of water.

Use in heavy cover - same as above (normal rules apply - be certain the collar is adjusted properly so it does not get hung up on branches etc).

Ease of use -screens and such - the beauty of the Alpha is how sophisticated it is. It can be set up to perform multiple functions or it can be set up as a straight forward and simple device. I prefer straight forward and, simple. The ability to hunt quietly and to know where the dog is at all times is tremendeous. Could even save the dogs life in some circumstances. I use the tone on the collar as a recall / check in with me command. I've also found my dog deep, deep in the thick with a Rooster pinned b/c the Alpha told me that the dog is on point. Crawling flat on my belly in order to get to him kind of thick, literally.

Frankly, I much prefer the simplicity and functionality of what is now the Garmin Tri-Tronics Pro 550, especially for training. That said, the upsides of the Alpha are very, very tough to beat. I'm certain you would not regret the purchase.

One further caveat - I would prefer my dogs not wear a collar at all.
Scot Cardillo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Cardillo For Your Post: