View Single Post
Unread 02-06-2019, 10:18 PM   #20
Milt Fitterman
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thank you for all the help. I got out today and tried the different combinations. The rice on the bottom and the red dried beans on the bottom worked perfectly. The patterns were exactly the same as the shells I made with the two 1/8" 16g. card wads and the cheerios. I stopped eating the cheerios after they sat for months waiting for me to reload some more 16g. I did not like loading the rice since the plunger hits the rice and makes funny noises. Also, a grain or two are likely to pop out and the mice will probably like them.

As Austin said the rice on top made the patterns look ragged which is a good word to describe how it looks.

I still have some 1/8" card wads however there is never a shortage of red beans nor do I have to spend $8 to have them shipped.

There is something about reloading which kind of pushes you into finding the least expensive way to load shells. Not sure why. Maybe just the challenge? You certainly are saving enough just by loading your own using the card wads however it has been fun fooling around with this. The red beans are handy since most have them around or at least at the supermarket and it is quicker to load than the 2 card wad plus an overshot card or a few cheerios. One less step.

Best to you all! No more zero degree days I hope.
Milt Fitterman is offline   Reply With Quote