View Single Post
Dog water container
Unread 12-09-2021, 10:05 PM   #1
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,948 Times in 1,437 Posts

Default Dog water container

After a number of mishaps with my spare dog water. The latest being last Sunday when my orange igloo water barrel tipped over and lost my water I set out to come up with something portable to keep water cool, clean, and dispense under pressure.
I won’t know how well this will work until The epoxy sets up and I test it under pressure tomorrow.
I started with a 28 QT Ozark Trail Ice chest because it was reasonably priced, seals tight and would hold about 6 gallons of water.
I removed the drain and screwed in a reducer ( not the same thread) wetted with high strength epoxy.
I went to a local hose and fitting supply store and had them make me a custom 5 foot hose that is suitable for water. I attached this to the reducer on one end and a spray nozzle on the other.
I then drilled a hole for a Schrader valve that was epoxied in.
Tomorrow I will fill with water, latch the top and then pressurize with my portable 12 volt compressor.
I don’t expect everything to work flawlessly the first time and will report back the results after my hunt tomorrow.
I am hoping to perfect this as I like the idea of being able to have a portable sturdy water container I can move from truck to truck or sit on the ground. Able to fill water bottles and water bowls. Use a fine spray to cool down the dogs, and clean up accidents, mud, and use it during bird cleaning. A poor man’s way to carry water without the expense of a built in unit.
I bet there are some members that can suggest some great ideas for improvements.
Merry Christmas
Phil
Pictures attached.
Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phillip Carr For Your Post: