View Single Post
Unread 05-25-2021, 06:59 AM   #22
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,240 Times in 12,378 Posts

That’s right Rick. Morris would leave “Burt’s Gun” at the PGCA booth for us to display at Ernie’s probably every year since he acquired it just a couple of years after Bill Tapply auctioned it. The first time I was aware it was in Morris’ possession was at Pintail Point in 2009 or ‘10. He knew I was a big fan of that gun and while I was at his RST booth he quietly said “Come with me Dean, I’ve got something to show you.” We went to his truck and he put this ratty soft case in my hands and said “Open this.” I did and there for the second time was Burt’s Gun in my hands. The first time was at the auction where I had brought $7k to be the hugh bidder on a gun worth $2k if it didn’t have the Spiller connection. Well, it hammered at something like $10,500 and I never knew who the high bidder was. Morris bought it as part of a multi gun deal and the rest is history. Morris gave me two boxes of shells he had cooked up for it and told me “ Go shoot it, you’ll love it.”

I do remember that sign he made up for it. And we always displayed it proudly.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: