View Single Post
Unread 05-29-2018, 08:43 PM   #24
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Allen View Post
It was me.All of what he said is correct.I did the development work on the steel shot special when I worked for the Jaeger division of Dunns.We found that steel shot could pass through up to .020" of constriction without stressing the barrels.Also the slightly longer leads to the chokes helped with large shot sizes.All of the other 12 gauge 28" barrels at the time were mod and full choked and the steel loads at the time would damage them.
Thanks! As I read threads over the years, when I see something that is of interest and comes from seemingly expert knowledge, I try to encapsulate it and preserve it in our web page for easy access to all. This is an example of that process but I couldn't begin to remember who provided the information.

I had a similar issue with the production numbers on Parker Reproduction guns. I was asked about numbers I put in the Grades web page but in that case I did know that I "collected" those numbers from several separate posts and various documents and I had no hope of explaining where they came from to support their validity. In the end, I removed them because I couldn't defend them.

My problem is I don't remember where I learned whatever it is I save to a web page in the past and when someone questions its value, I don't know how to respond. I this case, thank you for speaking up! It helps a lot!
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote