View Single Post
Unread 06-18-2019, 08:45 AM   #3
Ron Scott
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
Consider the possibility that the seller may have already taken the restock into account when he priced the gun and priced it accordingly.

Maybe I'm not thinking about this correctly but I'm trying to establish a fair price. The way I normally do that when it comes to firearms (I am not an experienced collector -- just a hobbyist) is: 1) do a search in the major gun websites and compare what other people are asking for the same gun, 2) google search to see if the same make and model come up in any other sites, and 3) check the Blue Book value.

The problem in this case is that I can only find guns that are original. So I have a good idea what the value is for that gun in original condition but I have no way to find out what a restocked version of that gun is is worth. That's why I am asking the question here.

I figured maybe there was a rule of thumb that could be applied for various things like restocking, rebluing, complete restoration etc. Is that not the case?

How do experienced collectors come up with a value? Or is it totally subjective?

Thanks!
Ronald Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ronald Scott For Your Post: