View Single Post
Unread 09-26-2018, 06:27 PM   #17
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,601 Times in 3,090 Posts

The two are different. Feature for feature, an English best is lighter, (generally) made to minimal tolerances, has different handling characteristics, and made to order. Unless you order one, you are getting someone else's specifications -- but, still extraordinary guns. Actually, I see enough differences in the American maker's guns to want one (OK, more than one) of each. Are they the same as an English best? Very likely not in most "expert's" opinions (I am absolutely NOT an expert).

I have had wine that cost a great deal and had a great reputation, and have had wine that cost much less and tasted good enough that I could not tell the difference. I know it was my inability to discern the difference, but I am also sure that my biases probably came into play. Again, when you take bias out of the equation (not easy to do), you get two different kinds of guns.

Now, who the heck am I to say this?...just another guy with an opinion, and we all know what that means.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: