View Single Post
Making them look untouched
Unread 07-12-2018, 10:28 AM   #1
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,541 Times in 4,621 Posts

Default Making them look untouched

The owner of this DH wanted the checkering recut.

Pointing everything up to be like new would just not fit in with the surrounding finishes, which were original and showing signs of age and use.

A very careful job was done of cleaning and deepening each line so that the end result is one that does not suggest any work was done. It looks like it wore that way with use over the years. But it is much better than before.

The hinge pin screw was also very buggered up so it was replaced with a good used one. and properly timed.

My goal with work like this is for me to be able to casually see the gun years later and not recognize that I worked on it. It has happened a few times, and I love it when it does.

Before

20180516_210507.jpg

20180516_210523.jpg

20180516_210602.jpg

20180516_210659.jpg

After

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg
allen newell, Bill Holcombe, Bill Jolliff, Bill Zachow, Bob Jurewicz, Bob Kimble, Brett Hoop, Brett Souder, Brian Arthur, Christian Gish, Daniel G Rainey, Daryl Corona, Dave Noreen, Dave Tatman, Dean Freeman, Dean Romig, edgarspencer, Eric Eis, Eric Johanen, Frank Cronin, Garry L Gordon, Garth Gustafson, Gary Carmichael Sr, Harold Lee Pickens, Harry Collins, Henry McRoberts, hugh rather, Jacob Duke, James L. Martin, Jay Gardner, Joe Dreisch, John Knobelsdorf II, keavin nelson, Kirk Potter, Lloyd Bernstein, Loren A Wilcox, Louis Caissie, Mark Garrett, Mark Landskov, Mark Ray, Marty Kohler, Michael Meeks, Mike Franzen, Milton C Starr, Paul Ehlers, Phil Yearout, Richard Flanders, Rob Marshall, Ron Gebhart, Russell E. Cleary, Sara LeFever, Scot Cardillo, Stephen Hodges, Steve Hagen, Steve Huffman, Tom Pellegrini, Wayne Owens, William Woods
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!