View Single Post
Spread Sheet
Unread 09-02-2014, 05:27 PM   #13
David Lien
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Spread Sheet

Pete
Chris came home to watch the Indian relay races at the Idaho State fair in blackfoot Idaho. Grandson Hayden also came from college,,Soooo i had some help in bench shooting the 10 Ga. hand loads. I loaded more loads and we went shooting.

The velocity checked out good and even on the cheep Crony. About as published, I settled on the 1 5/8 Oz Load.. With two long slits in the BPD Wad. The 40 Yd. patterns were 99% at 40 yards. with a good tight core. With four long slits in the wad and ""Suponski style spreaders"" the patterns opened up to a loose modified. Loads seemed about average in the 8 LB. Super ten, and were a pleasure in the 10 LB Ithaca magnum, 10 Lb Zepher Honker and Neumann tens. I think I will like this load a lot. I feel that I can shoot a few boxes in a day and not get beat up, as is the case with heavier loads in the ten Mags. A guy has to sissies up a little when over 40.

I like pass shooting Crows and this will be my go to load this year. I did load a couple of duplex loads 5s and 3s, and they did look very good on paper. No ""Doctor Pepper"" can so the jury is still out. I have shot 4756 and 7625 in the past short ten loads, some times cold sensitive, and varying velocities.
Thanks again for the tip on the load.. I think the load is going to work out just fine.
David

Last edited by David Lien; 09-02-2014 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: Mistake
David Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David Lien For Your Post: