View Single Post
Unread 08-11-2011, 03:02 PM   #15
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Folks can read what they want - and shoot whatever they want in their own Parkers... From my end - and I'm no lawyer nor gun manufacturer.. To John Dallas - I've seen a lot of barrel bulges in vintage firearms where they thought shooting steel was "OK"..

So - sure - shoot whatever you want, read whatever you want, believe whatever you want - it's fine by me and you sure don't need my permission to do so...

If you want enlightened discussion about the effect of steel on barrel erosion - well, then that's another thing.. I could add to that, but frankly - when folks brought in their wreaked vintage shotgun with a bulged barrel where the choke started constriction - I really didn't take the time to notice if steel had eroded that tube in addition to wreaking the gun...

Or - I could tell you about the time someone else walked in - who had a FULL choke in a MODERN gun - and shot a steel load out of it? Stripped the choke right out of the barrel - and bulged what was left of the barrel 1/2" from the muzzle... BUT - what the heck do I know..

Shoot what you want - they are your guns!

John
John Dunkle is online now   Reply With Quote