View Single Post
Unread 06-29-2021, 07:02 AM   #20
Stan Hillis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,121 Posts

IMO, these are very nice pads for a 10 or a 12 ga. gun, not so much for smaller bore guns. Reason is the large diameter of the plugs. In my eyes these pop the plugs look out of proportion to the overall size fo the pad after it has been ground down to fit a smallbore gun.

I looked "long and far" to find a pad of this type that had smaller plugs. My friend Bill Murphy told me that G & H used to sell one. I called them and was told that they were out of stock because of supply problems. This was several years ago. I would call back every few months and ask, but finally gave up. I found a nicely made pad of this type, with small plugs, at Mark Beasland's, and put it on my 16 AE Fox. Looks good. The only big difference I can see between it and the true Silver pad, is that the face of Mark's pad is slightly "sculpted" to better conform to the shoulder pocket.

I sure wish the pads that Bill told me about would become available once again, but Mark's pads are the best thing going right now, in that type, for small bores, again IMO.

additional info: I checked Mark's site after posting this and no accessories come up. They may not be available during this crazy time of supply chain disruptions. A call to him would determine that.
Stan Hillis is offline   Reply With Quote