View Single Post
Unread 05-30-2017, 10:07 AM   #14
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,075 Times in 338 Posts

There are bigger issues at hand than the definition of an original gun.

First: It is about winning!!!! Don't be fooled, Team LC goes out there every year to clean our clock. They want to win. There is nothing wrong with winning. In fact it should be our goal as well. NO one is saying it cannot and is not done in a gentlemanly fashion. No one is saying it should be done at the expense of the organization/ etc. I know my words are not going to do my thoughts justice but it is not wrong to want to or to attempt to win and have our team be successful.
Please remember Parker and Smith have been rivals for a long time. And I am not talking about the organizations. The companies were business rivals back in the day. They sponsored shooters. Do you think they did not want their shooter to win?

Second: we are all forgetting that in the end the entry fees go to charity. So why should we limit those wanting to sign up. The more sign up and participate the more money that goes to charity.
Those refusing to participate, well not helping anyone for charity.

Third: Who cares when someone signs up or renews their membership? We want the organization to grow. Why be elitist and decline those willing to participate? "you have not been a member long enough. Your gun is not original enough." May be they just bought their first parker at the southern and now can participate. Maybe this was their first opportunity to join or participate or purchase a Parker. Maybe watching our shooters and talking to our members got them interested. We should not be turning them or anyone away.

The organizations and the rules are not perfect. But nothing will be. We will not be able to please everyone. So far I would say the Challenge is a temendous success. I hope that it continues to be so for many many years to come. I hope I can continue to be a part of it and will do what ever I can to help it continue to be successful and help the PGCA and Team Parker.

I am all for open and honest debate and discussion. And no one should be refused or stopped from the ability to express their thoughts/ views etc. Even though I disagree with a lot being expressed in this thread, I am glad we can discuss it and debate it. I may disagree with you but I will respect your right to your opinion and to voice your opinion. But what is wrong is to start rumors and spread mis information. If no one points this out and gives facts the false information will become reality.
When I get home I will post info about the shooters on Team Parker this past year. Just because one person does not recognize their names/ faces does not have any bearing on their membership and commitment to the organization. We were blessed with a tremendous team this past Southern. I think it is wrong to despairingly talk about them and make insinuating comments that are just not accurate.
John Truitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to John Truitt For Your Post: