View Single Post
New Member from Charleston, SC
Unread 12-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
arthur.hopkins
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New Member from Charleston, SC

Thank you for adding me to the forum.

I received my Parker from my Grandfather recently and sorry to say, iris in rough shape.

I have done quite a bit of research and now feel comfortable with the subject but I am always looking for expertise.

It was manufactured in 1895 as it is serial number 815xx. It has a Damascus steel barrel and has a 2 and an "E" on the lower half of the receiver, which leads me to believe that it is a 12 gauge with an ejector.

For the bad, the stock is completely broken and will have to be replaced, requiring an expert's touch and the factory finish on the metal is gone.

For. The features that are good, in my opinion, is there is no rust in the chambers or barrels and I think that it will be very capable to still be used.

I ask for assistance in the following:any insight from the details in the pictures, any insight to who can replace the stock(relatively close to my area, what is the overall condition, what should I do in terms of preserving this weapon?

I am not looking to restore it for resale but I would like to keep, utilize it, pass it down and enjoy.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers, Arthur
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (414.7 KB, 2 views)
arthur.hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote