View Single Post
Unread 11-10-2019, 07:11 AM   #6
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,873 Times in 4,756 Posts

Saturday at the Easton Show was very slow with little activity on our three tables. Other vendors told the same story. However, all items I spied as possible take homes were gone very quickly. A great vintage portrait of "hanging bluejays" was something I couldn't have lived without, but it was gone when I went back. A brand new Model 11 Remington 12 gauge for $300 was a great buy and was gone when I went back as were twelve boxes of 3" .410 7 1/2 shot for a great price. My friend John's table of Diamond Grade Prussian Dalys was untouched by human hands by closing time Saturday. I was tempted by an early Model 21 12 gauge for $1000 asking price, but I restrained myself, and no one else seemed to notice it either. On the same table was an NID 20 gauge Ithaca for $300. Both guns were field used but all original and functional. I displayed for sale an early two barrel set 20 gauge Model 21 that Cody lettered to Senator Harry B. Hawes, first president of Ducks Unlimited, and founder of the Jefferson Islands Club, but no one expressed the slightest interest in the gun or the informational cards displayed.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote