View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2018, 04:14 PM   #22
Bill Jolliff
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,181 Times in 271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd allen View Post
They probably put the P in front of the serial number to differentiate it from other products. The P would of course stand for Parker.
Just my guess, of course.
Todd,

I sent an email note to Jim DeMunck, who is a pretty well known engraver, about the CSMC Parkers as I was certain Jim worked on some high grade Parkers in recent years. He said it was OK to share the relevant info in his note if PGCA found it interesting as follows:

Hi Bill.
I read that stuff on the Parker site about the AAHE.

I went and looked up the info on the one I did for Tony in my FFL book.

This was the first one of the bunch for Remington that he did.
I logged it in 4-18/05
28ga, ser# P242510,,,noted to engrave to AA grade.
I returned it on 9/1/05.

Also found:
2/16/07 logged in
From CSMCo.. Parker AAHE ser# P242511
28ga,,notation to 'engrave to AA Grade'
(I honestly do not remember doing this gun!,,but I was engraving so much and so many hrs a day at the time.....)

IIRC the ser#ing was a continuation of the original Parker series of numbering. But I don't know if the absolute last orig # for Parker was known or established to bring up 242510 as the next in line.
I'm not a collector and that type of stuff makes my teeth bleed thinking about it.

The 'P' in the ser# if they want to know is for 'Parker' as they guessed in their discussion.
BATF regs require a letter prefix to all ser#'s and specific to each model. So the 'P' meets the requirements just fine.
(His AH Fox guns are all prefixed 'F'.,,the CSMCo Win 21 are prefixed 'W',,,ect.)

I do have some in the white engraving pics I took myself I can retrieve from my other computer I think, If I can I'll send you those too if you want.
You can share any of the above with the Parker group if they find it interesting."

Hope this helps.

Bill
Bill Jolliff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Jolliff For Your Post: