Thread: First point
View Single Post
First point
Unread 01-28-2019, 03:36 PM   #1
Shane Rhodes
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default First point

Got my Brittany, Caen, on his first official point this past weekend. He had been doing great for me with planted birds back in October, before I got too busy at my cotton gin, and I hadn't really had a chance to work him on birds since. I took him with me to a quail hunt down in Thomasville, and I realize those birds were planted too, but it was his first "hunt".

We let him out of the kennel and he insisted that I get off and walk with him as he had never hunted in front of a truck before. I didn't mind! I left my gun in the truck and had the remote in hand as I had three other shooters to do the dirty work. He locked up on point and held all the way till the flush. After that, chaos reigned, but I was tickled anyway! I put him down for several other covey rises that day and he never busted a covey, though he did run over one single quail and bust him.

It was my first hunt with him and my 28 gauge Repro Parker, and other than a sharp front trigger, I was ecstatic with both of them!

Also, forgive the sideways picture, it was correct until I uploaded it and I cannot figure out how to rotate it back now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7470.jpg (607.9 KB, 4 views)
Shane Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Shane Rhodes For Your Post: