View Single Post
Unread 07-03-2014, 07:51 PM   #5
Phil Yearout
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,038 Times in 1,070 Posts

I took the SC to the range today. I was the ony one there, so standing at each station and shooting 5 consecutive shots was a little weird, but that's the way way it is. Doesn't take long to shoot a round of trap like that! After the first round I had almost decided I had made a gross error...I couldn't hit squat. I gave up keeping track after the first 5 or 6 shots, but I doubt I hit more then 7 or 8 in the whole round. The trigger pull is very light compared to the guns I normally shoot in the field; that took me some getting used to.

I took a break, sat a spell, drank a bottle of water, relaxed a little. I broke the first target on the second round, broke the second, broke the third...I was 17 of 20 through the first four stations. We won't talk about station 5, but by then I had convinced myself that the misses were definitely the fault of the shooter and not the gun. So far I'm still happy...

The gun did attract some attention from the guy running the range and the only other guy there who was on the skeet range; they liked it a lot!