Unread 06-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,159 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
...so how about simply dropping membership titles entirely from anyone who is not a member "in good standing" (paid up)? ..
Bob and Dean - my thanks.. Obviously - I am deeply embarrassed and more than a little humiliated, but Dean - you hit the nail on the head. In fact, I have no idea who is a "member" in good standing?

In starting this site over a year ago, I had a pretty current roster, so help the folks get squared away as they registered - it was easy - and something I myself took a lot of pride in doing..

I thought it should be a pretty straight forward exercise to get new member updates every month or so, but it appears to be more difficult than we anticipated, apparently.

For that - and while I have a HUGE aversion to posting Private Messages, I'll edit one I received about a month ago. I was (and am) embarrassed, but perhaps we can collectively come up with an answer..??

Quote:
Mr. Dunkle,

I recently joined your forum and I am a Member of the Parker Gun Association.. (snip) ..I wonder why others who I know are no longer members of the organization.(snip).still have PGCA under their names?.. And yet, supporters as myself are shown otherwise.(snip). If there some secret handshake, or is it that rather, you have no idea what you are doing?.. (snip) You can check that I am current with however you do membership..(snip)
I'm willing to take any suggestions, but I will tell you, this fellow turned out to be a wonderful older gentleman who is a wonderful PGCA Member. And yes, he is squared away on the forum (EVEN THOUGH HE DIDn"T tell me the names of his buddies who are no longer members??! (HINT HINT if you are reading this!! )

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote