View Single Post
Unread 11-08-2017, 07:47 PM   #19
Alan B. Webber
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Davis View Post
I have 20 RMC 32/40 cases used for breech seating in my Schuetzen Rifle. Been using them since 1996 when the rifle was built. One case will go about 100 loads with very light loads, one Offhand match, then the breech block gets hard to close. Gets stiff I switch off to the next case. After working through all 20 tried to size them like a normal drawn case. It’s difficult turned brass does not size like drawn.

I chuck them in my lathe take about .002 or less off and they chamber fine. My guess is 12 G turned case being larger diameter would be more difficult to size. Don’t see why you could not do the same, turn just a bit off. They are a lot thicker and stronger than paper or plastic shells.

William
That's a great idea because at the base right at the rim is where the extrusion is.You can barely feel it running your finger over it.
Even if there was a full length sizer for full length 10 ga cases it may not get that far. Do you find taking them down like that weakens the case?
I think it's interesting that there is that much difference between a 1901 and a 1903 chamber, both the same frame sizes.
Alan B. Webber is offline   Reply With Quote