View Single Post
Unread 08-17-2017, 07:03 PM   #16
King Cobb
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,521 Times in 405 Posts

Both of my grandfathers were born before 1910. One of them hunted most of his life with a Parker that resides with my uncle(I don't know why he doesn't hunt or do anything with it but oh well) and the other grandfather hunted his entire life with cheapo(his words not mine) single shot break action JC Higgins guns from sears.

Both were men of similar means, both were ranchers, 1 was a driller on oil rigs and the other was a certified welder, and neither ever hurt for finances. But they both approached their hunting guns very differently. The one with the Parker, that was the only shotgun he ever owned and it was always loaded by the front door behind a book case (he also owned 1 hunting rifle and 2 hand guns and that was it). My other grandfather owned I have no idea how many guns total over the year, but I know when we cleaned out the house after my grandmother died he had 9 JC Higgins 12 gauges stashed around that old farm house all loaded.

As for the education discussion, our education system isn't the problem. Teacher do a heck of a job, but if momma and daddy don't care and value their child's education the teachers can't do much about it.