View Single Post
Unread 04-16-2020, 05:38 PM   #31
RickR
Forum Associate

Member Info

To add come closure to this thread, here is a shot of that $100 POS specimen Davis gun I bought since I don't want to subject my hammer gun Parker to that near abuse shotguns get in that Cowboy action game and that ended up too good to whack off into a coach gun.

Following the Accraglas discussions and how I had to rebuild this stock at the receiver with nearly ALL accraglas and was considering checkering the all glass areas to hide an ugly fix, I did it during the Easter Sunday blizzard we had here in Wisconsin. The picture also shows how I used leather to build the stock up to trapgun dimensions as a better use for an 8 lb.+ gun choked full and full.

However, I'm making this post to also mention that accraglas resin finished off my already tired pointing tool. It stopped cutting before I finished and I had to complete the job with a triangular needle file that I had heated and curled the tip into a makeshift checkering tool.

So, if you MUST checker over fiberglass, be aware doing so is deathly hard on checkering tools.

Rick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1070004.jpg (509.7 KB, 9 views)
Rick Rappe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rick Rappe For Your Post: