View Single Post
Unread 11-28-2019, 06:54 AM   #8
Ron Scott
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Garrett View Post
Not trying to argue . There is plenty of data on the Hodgdon site you can compare for yourself .

Because Bismuth and Lead are close to the same density and hardness , as say Lead and steel . There may not be big difference , but there is difference . Enough difference that when you are shooting these loads in guns that require low pressure ammo it can easily put the load over pressure for said gun.

Better yet call the people that do the actual ballistic testing . I'm sure they can explain better than I can.
The next time you are not trying to argue you might try not starting the conversation with: "your statement could not be more wrong." That's a harsh and unsupported statement. At least you seem to have changed your position and are talking density and hardness now instead of length; which if you had read my original statement in context you would find that now you are agreeing with me. That's great--thank you!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving,

Ron