View Single Post
My First Parker SBT
Unread 03-08-2020, 08:41 PM   #1
J. Scott Hanes
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default My First Parker SBT

Gentlemen,
I have owned 7 Parkers in my life (all doubles) and just purchased my first SBT. For being a trapshooter at heart for 45 years, one would think I would have started with this one. It is a shooter that I intended to have on hand should I decide to shoot at the "Nostalgia Shoot" at the ATA Grand American World Trapshooting Tournament.
I would welcome any and all feedback on what you see in the following photos to further educate me on this fine Parker. As I noted, I purchased it to shoot it; mainly because of the stock dimensions being 1-3/8" DAC on the MC stock. I know the stock is not original, however the workmanship is very good; wood to metal fit is excellent and the checkering is very good in a pleasing pattern.
The FE is attached to the iron in a different method from Parker and if anyone can identify the maker that would be very helpful.
The metal is likely refinished as it is in excellent shape; 98+% blue and 90+% CC. It appears to my eye to be Del Grego and I am going to contact Lawrence about that possibility.
According to the Serial Number book, it was made in 1927 and originally had a straight grip stock which has obviously been replaced. Other than the wood, it appears everything else is kosher.
I shot 25 rounds with it Saturday with the installed Pachmayer "sporting" type pad and it hurt. Replaced it with a "Kick-Eez" today and shot another 25 and it is really comfortable now. It will obliterate targets at 16 all the way back to 23 and 25. Boy does it move quick!! I shoot an 11# K-80 Trap Special in my regular shoots so there is not a lot of similarity.

Serial # 223403
Bore: .742
Choke: .703
Constriction: .039 (and it IS tight-shooting)
Weight: 9#
Balances right on the hinge pin
Pitch = 0
32" uncut barrel
DAC: 1-3/8"
DAH: 1-3/4"
LOP: 14-1/8"
Red Front Site
White Mid Site on the 5th post from the rear
Forearm Lug has had metal welded into the hook

I am just looking for input on 1. Who the experts here think may have made the stock/FE. If the rest of the gun from the photos looks 'right', even if refinished. Any opinions on the quality of the work and suggestions otherwise. Thanks in advance for an assistance from all of you out there who have experience on these Parkers.

Scott Hanes
J. Scott Hanes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J. Scott Hanes For Your Post: