View Single Post
Unread 03-05-2021, 08:11 AM   #10
78CJ
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
A few years ago, a "benchmark set" (mint 28 gauge, 2 barrel set, beavertail, double triggers, straight grip) actually sold for $10,000 on gunbroker. I think I have a print of that sale in my files. However, that was the absolute top of the Repro market and everything after that sale returned to normal. Today, a gun like that is $7850 on guninternational, a much more reasonable price. The 28" 12 gauges are still out there, but a year from now, they will be gone too. The 28" twenties will be out there for awhile, but not forever. Are these great guns or what?
They are great guns! Repro's are what led me to Parker Shotguns. I stumbled into one accidentally! I have been searching and learning about Parkers ever since. My next original will be a 16 (unless one pops up or drops in my lap I can't pass up). I was extremely tempted by the last two Josh L. had for sale but I like the graded guns.

I have always wanted a 28 Gauge. Like most, at this point that was going to be out of reach for right now, again, unless it is a great deal.

I just sent a check out for one that popped up. Not a steal but 26" with Q1 Q2, exactly what I wanted. The Repro's are an affordable way into the 28 game.
Ryan Brege is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryan Brege For Your Post: