Thread: Trojan 20
View Single Post
Trojan 20
Unread 11-14-2018, 11:16 AM   #1
Joe Graziano
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Trojan 20

Moved from restoration forum. I picked up my new to me Trojan yesterday. Mechanically, gun feels like it left the factory yesterday. Very tight and new. There was obviously a restoration done some years ago. Case colors look new and as a couple folks noted, appear similar to the original. The wood was refinished nicely with oil and remains proud of the metal. I prefer a “shinier” oil finish with completely filled pores, but overall, it looks nice. The current LOP is 14 in. to end of the wood and 14 1/4 to the end of a very thin black rubber pad with a thin black spacer. I can’t make out the brand. The barrels, sadly, were cut from 28 in. to about 25 3/4. They were also hot blued. Thankfully, they ring beautifully. Why anyone would take the time and money to have the case colors done perfectly, the wood nicely restored and then cut the barrels and hot blue them is anyone’s guess. There were a few spots of surface rust near the muzzles which came off with a bit of Hoppes. Overall, for what I paid I am very happy.

As far as restoring, I will have the barrels properly rust blued and a 1 in solid pad installed to increase the LOP to around 15 in. Then, I’m going to do a lot of upland hunting with this very nice small bore Trojan.

Joe Graziano is offline   Reply With Quote