View Single Post
My SSS with all requirements , BUT SSS.
Unread 10-25-2018, 08:05 PM   #24
crs
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default My SSS with all requirements , BUT SSS.

Thanks to John and all,
John Allen said "Only the steel shot specials sold through Dunns were marked SS.Parker Repro liked the idea so well they made a run of them after we sold off the guns from Dunns."
He also said "What makes it a steel shot special is 28" barrels,3" chambers,and IC/Mod chokes."
It was also mentioned that the barrels and chokes were chrome lined.

However, some folks say that a Repro Parker 12 that meets the above technical specs but does not have SS stamped on it is not a SSS.

Could it be that there is a cachet associated with the Dunns SSS guns that is not associated with SSS not marked for Dunns?

fwiiw, My Repro 12 on a 1 1/2 frame meets all the technical specs of a SSS but does not have SS stamped on the water table. Rather it reads "12-01294" with DHE centered above.

This has finally settled the matter for me and from now on I will know that an owner of a Parker repro 12 with SS on the water table has a Dunns SSS and has reason to be proud of it.
I like my SSS also and will not sell it, but pass it along with all my Parkers on to my son who probably will not care about SSS so long as it continues to shoot where aimed.
Visit Charles Shelton's homepage!