View Single Post
Unread 08-27-2020, 06:23 PM   #24
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,001 Times in 463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
I have a 3 frame 10 ga with 30 inch barrels Damascus 3 1/2 inch chambers with the weight of 7 lbs 14 ounces...I figured this to be the heavest set of 30 inch barrels ever made but I was wrong I seen another 10 ga with 30 inch bareels that weighed 8lbs 10 ounces...I wish I had bought that gun just because of the barrel weight....the mozzles of my gun are over .100 thousands...go figure my gun is bad muzzle heavy...my barrels are not cut and the other guns barrel are not cut...my barrels are heaiver on the ten ga. than they are on one of my parker 8 ga s it was a 34 inch gun but now a 32 inch gun....that parker with 30 inch barrels had to be a record at 8 lbs 10 ounces.....charlie
Charlie my 32" barrels on my 10 ga 6 frame is 8lbs 4oz , I bet those heavy barrels on the 3 frames are extremely muzzle heavy . The Bonehill I had was in the 10lb range and someone had punched those chambers out to 3.5" . It was extremely muzzle heavy .

I was looking at a Parker 10 ga hammer gun yesterday its listed as 10lbs and the barrels are marked at a even 6lbs , its a 3 frame 32" . I have seen some 10.5lb 3 frame 10 gauges but I would think they would be front heavy . Parker knew how to balance these big bores though , so perhaps they had a reason for putting heavy barrels on the smaller 10 gauge frames .

My 10 gauge barrels have alot of taper to them as well , they may be a 6 frame at the breech but they taper down to the muzzle like a normal sized 10 gauge say a 3 frame . If they had the contour of 8 gauge barrels they would probably be 10lbs haha .
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote