View Single Post
1 Frame Lifter – My Last Rainy Day Gun
Unread 04-10-2019, 04:14 PM   #1
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,179 Times in 633 Posts

Default 1 Frame Lifter – My Last Rainy Day Gun

I have been trying to be more disciplined and focus on elevating my Parker collection. However, I can’t help myself sometimes and end up buying some lower grade/low quality guns. I do think I am “rescuing’ these guns in some cases, but it often doesn’t help me improve the overall quality of my collection.

This #1 frame lifter, 1880 12 Gauge with 28” plain twist barrels was just calling my name. It was listed as having cut barrels, but they were 1/8-3/16 inches longer not shorter than the barrel length listed in the serialization book. I have a few lifters like that so I knew the barrels were the original length. The gun weighs 7lbs. 6oz., which makes it my lightest lifter. The LOP is 14 1/2, which is close to perfect for me with a straight stocked gun.

The barrels are pitted more than I would like for the first half of the barrels, but it knew that going in. I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but they were just as described. The screws are nice, I think the tang screw may be a replacement.

This will be a fun one to shoot, I’ll start with some black powder loads.

I need to focus on buying a Grade 3 or higher lifter and these rainy day guns get in the way, but again…I have a problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ll1.jpg (329.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ll2.jpg (254.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg ll3.jpg (252.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg ll4.jpg (189.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg ll5.jpg (158.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg ll5a.jpg (124.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg ll5b.jpg (139.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg ll8.jpg (144.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg ll6.jpg (86.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg ll7.jpg (82.2 KB, 3 views)
Jay Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jay Oliver For Your Post: