View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2020, 11:25 PM   #17
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,572 Times in 3,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Koneski View Post
Geez, what's with all the hate for MEC 600s?? I run them, 1 each for 2 7/8" 10g, 2 1/2" 12g, 2 1/2" 16g, 2 1/2" 20g, 2 1/2" 28g, 3" .410. Even use a Lee Load-All for 12g black powder. Also have a MEC Sizemaster and a MEC Hull Conditioner. All run like a raped ape. I have a Spolar Gold with heads for 12, 20, 28 and .410 if I need high volume production. None of the MEC were purchased new. I won't get in to the metallic presses. If you keep the MEC presses clean and all the linkages lubed there's no problems. Biggest issue I have is the wad guide fingers breaking. Cheap and simple fix though.
Nothing wrong with the single stage MEC’s and I actually prefer them for bismuth , buckshot and slugs . I like the MEC single stage for those applications better than the PW 375C . I’ve never fooled with the Spolar machines but I’m sure they’re nice I’ve just got an almost forty year affection for PW 800’s . Geeezzzz as to metallic presses I’m using the same PW Metallic II I got almost forty years ago although I’ve also got a big CH-4D for the 505 Gibbs a Lee 1000 for the 357 Magnum a pair of Lee Loadmasters for 10mm and 45 ACP and finally an a RCBS 4x4 I’ll eventually set up exclusively for the 30 Carbine round . The Lee 1000 and RCBS 4x4 were purchased used as I wouldn’t have paid new for the RCBS as an exclusive cartridge unit . I did most certainly however got the pair of Loadmasters to set up for a single cartridge exclusively . As I’m sure you surmise by now I DO NOT like changing over progressive presses from one thing to another .