View Single Post
Unread 01-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

Okay, there was a bit of a burr on the mating edge of the floor plate. The frame has no issues (in this area). I removed the burr. A bit more of the floor plate is flush, but not all. I think the burr may have been someone prying the floor plate off, instead of the proper removal technique. I am able to fit the plate nicely flush but for a bit on the left side (looking at it, which is really the right side). So, being hardened, is it possible that it left the factory somewhat proud of the frame? The base of the plate under the three screws does touch the frame as well, so there would be no drawing the plate in further when torquing the screws. It does take a bit of torque and all three do index correctly. It could be ground flush, but there goes the zig-zag engraving. Didn't know of the possibility of cracking the plate, so no BIGGER hammer smacking.

Pretty sure I will just live with it. I know prior to spending time on PGCA forum, I wouldn't have even noticed this, nor would have improperly indexed screws ever bothered me. Didn't know where a lever should sit or what is off-face or how to do a temporary fifty year fix for that. So many small issues bother me now, which is good as I'm able to pass on most anything out there within my play budget and when I do jump, I will be pleased or at least know what the issues are. So, a short thanks to all the teachers out there.
Cheers,
Jack