View Single Post
Unread 12-13-2018, 01:31 PM   #24
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,603 Times in 984 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Flanigan View Post
In some ways I guess the reproduction was better than the original. Modern steel and much better wood generally. But it is in the fit and finish area that I think they fall short of the original, at least the DHE. I bought one when they came out but have sold it. My gun and others I have seen did not generally have as nice a wood to metal fit. Also, the checkering on my gun had run overs and crossed lines. I have seen the same mistakes on other reproductions.

~~~snip~~~
I don't doubt you happened to buy a Parker Reproduction in which the checkering had overruns or crossed lines, but I believe that to be the exception rather than the rule.

I just examined very closely the several Repros that I own and could not find a single overrun or any crossed lines in the checkering, nor do I recall any other Repros I have owned or have examined that have shown these issues. I've also gone through the twenty pages of the "Let's See Some Wood" thread and could not find a single example of a Repro that has overruns or crossed lines.

I wish someone would post a pic of what I've been missing.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post: