Thread: Hammer Guns
View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2009, 11:02 AM   #11
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,925 Times in 870 Posts

Larry,

I guess I wasn't explicit in my writing. My point was that from what I had seen the 'C' had the short tear drops and lower grades didn't have them at all. Grades higher than 'C' had the full tear drops. I look at $250 grade guns as the highest of graded guns which have the full tear drop. I don't know the $$$$ grade of the gun shown but I would have equated it to a 'C' based on the tear drops. What I don't know is what dollar value a 'C' would be; maybe $175?

When it comes to dollar grades I don't think we have a real solid recognition method. I have seen guns call $250 grade guns that have light engraving and wood that isn't exceptional. When I look at dollar lifters and they don't have tear drops I assume they are lower than $200 dollar grade, but that is just my thinking and I am probably wrong?

Maybe owners of dollar grade guns could post pictures and ID's to help understand the designation; do the guns have order records with the price listed too? I think the dollar range guns run from $50 - $300?
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote