View Single Post
Unread 07-10-2020, 12:03 AM   #2
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,179 Times in 633 Posts

Mark I have had a similar trend myself the last few months. I think we just have accept the there are worse problems to have than being addicted to fine double guns.

I "won" a 12 gauge English Pinfire in the last Rock Island Auction. I had always wanted one and this is nice in every regard. Now I need to figure out shells. What was I thinking, that is going to be a big production for something I need to be extra careful with.

Before that I bought a few nice Parkers on the PGCA forum. I also bought a 1 of 2 Grade 3 lifter with laminated barrels 10 gauge Parker(I had no choice on that one right?). I also bought a W.C. Scott hammerless 12 gauge made in 1878. Add a few other late night Gun Broker bids and some other random auctions and let's just say I have had to hide a few things from my wife.

Luckily in this group we all welcome the "problem". My only intervention is in regard to your golf comment...don't you need to be getting set up to reload 8 gauge shells?

I would embrace the addiction and those are some nice guns you have added to your collection.
Jay Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay Oliver For Your Post: