View Single Post
Your perspective on handling?
Unread 11-27-2020, 05:16 PM   #1
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,496 Times in 981 Posts

Default Your perspective on handling?

30 years ago I got a Citori, thought it handled well. Then 10 years ago a Beretta O/U bent/cut to my dimensions, thought that was better. Then shortly after was given a Sweet 16 and oddly, that felt just very good, better in a way than the Berretta. Carried an acquaintance's Arrieta 28g, was THAT what they mean by balance? Then a couple years back shot a random guys British 24g (Greener or WS??) at sporting clays and holy crap, was this what they meant by pointability!?? Now I'm reading (again) Hughes "Double Shotguns" and he says "There are qualities inherent to a British game gun seldom found in a mass produced American double..." and he talks about balance. Then says "With the exception of some 16 and 20 gauge Foxes and O frame 16g Parkers, you don't often find this balance in an American double." I'm not stirring the pot, I'm just looking for musings, thoughts or perspectives. I am on this forum because I got a 28g Parker Repro and it carries just right and handles just right and now I'm in danger of ignoring a whole slew of stuff in my gun safe. I'm softly looking for a 16g on an O frame so the slippery slope has begun... I may have a half dozen O/U shotguns for sale soon.
Andrew Sacco is offline   Reply With Quote