View Single Post
Unread 08-21-2016, 12:26 PM   #17
Big Friend Ten (BFT)
PGCA Lifetime Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,933 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg conomos View Post
The photography....is what I see a lot in guns and cars being sold by dealers. It's the sort of photography that, frankly, makes the subject look 'better' than it does in real life.
I have to disagree with this statement. These are great photos which capture the gun in it's absolute best. It is what it is.

In very bright sunlight or a dark room certainly the gun won't appear as shown in the photos. We do not see objects, rather we see only the light which is reflected from an object. A great photographer can set up shots so that the maximum desirable light is reflected into the lens. Now, on our computer monitor screen the light is projected outward. So, what we see in person and what we see on a computer or TV screen are different even for the same object. Finally, each of our vision is different. What I see will be different even if ever so slightly that what another sees looking at the same thing at the same instant.

The gun with it's Damascus (or laminated for this gun) pattern, case colors, and great wood finish is all of what we see in the photos. Poor photography just won't show the ALL of the beauty of the gun. I like nice photos!

USMC Retired
USMC Distinguished Marksman
USMC Distinguished Pistol Shot
NRA Benefactor - Ring of Freedom member
Mark Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark Ouellette For Your Post: