View Single Post
Unread 12-08-2021, 11:54 PM   #3
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,075 Times in 411 Posts

When I said it was like yours, I meant only that it was a Grade 3 Lifter 16 gauge.

I did notice in those tables that there were 4 28" laminate barrels but the total for the column was 5. The 20 ga column shows 1 27" and 1 28" but a total of one. I suspect the 27" listed as a 20 is yours and is in the wrong column. Then the column totals would be correct.

My gun was ordered as a Damascus but has Parker made laminate barrels serial numbered to the gun. The Research Letter bears out the fact that it left the factory with the laminate barrels. I have my own suspicions, after reviewing several sources, that Parker made little differentiation internally between the Damasus barrels and their internally manufactured laminate barrels. I believe they were very proud of them and used them later on several Dasmascus guns. In just a couple of hours searching I found several guns mentioned in the BB posts which fall into this category. There may have been more higher grade Damascus grade guns in this period that left the factory with laminate barrels.

This wouldn't impact your gun. With only a total of 9, counting the 27" you own (and assuming it is incorrectly listed as a 20 on page 290) there is a total known possible pool of only 9 laminate barrel guns if all the Damascus wereactually laminate, and yours would still be the unique one with the 27" barrels.
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Shaffer For Your Post: