Unread 04-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,291 Times in 861 Posts

Default 2.625 vs. 2.875 inch 10 gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Harm View Post
Just shot my Parker lifter 10 on our sporting clays course - had a 43/50 - that's one of my better rounds. Mine is a 2 5/8 10ga. I didn't like the recoil for 1oz loads - at least with the plastic wads. Was useing around 19grs of 700X if I remember - a Sherman Bell load. Now in a paper Win. hull and paper wads with a roll crimp it was like shooting a 410. I cut the shells to fit seeing how there's a step & no forcing cone. I've had the gun for a year and it's the first time I've shot it because with star crimps the shells were getting a bulge in the end. Finally put a spacer under the shells to force them up into the final crimp station so it would put a tapper in them [ used the short shell kit from Mec like when you're going from 2 3/4 to 2 1/2 ] . You'd think it would have dawned on me earlier why and what to do to correct the problem. Anyway, for a 9 1/2 pound gun it sure balances and swings nice. Checked the chokes - .030 in each barrel. What is that in a 10ga ? In 12 it would be full. Maybe Imp Mod ? What do you guys load for light loads in the 10 ? Paul
At the risk of having missed it on the forum, what is the difference between the short ten[ 2 7/8] and the short-short ten[2 5/8]?
I have a PH with supposedly short-short chambers.
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote