View Single Post
Refinish and DT conversion on a Repro
Unread 11-13-2019, 02:54 PM   #1
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,539 Times in 4,621 Posts

Default Refinish and DT conversion on a Repro

Here is a 12g. DHE Repro 2 bbl set that I just finished up.

The gun was not in bad condition when I started. It had some wear to the original frame "colors" and some marks in the wood from use.

The major complaints by the owner were that he did not want the single trigger that was in the gun. He wanted the stock dimensions lowered and also wanted the gun to look like new again but with traditional bone charcoal case colors.

I was able to lower the comb by 1/4" and the heel by 1/16" and then it was reshaped with a more traditional Parker comb flute. The butt and forend was refinished and the checkering recut with mullered borders. I had to do a little bit of touchup to the owners initials that were already engraved on the stock oval.

The action was converted to Double Triggers and all external evidence of the single trigger was removed. The new double triggers were nickel plated.

The frame and the original engraving was in very good condition so it needed little work other than a final polish after removing the original finish. It was then case colored by Turnbull.

All of the original bluing on the barrels and small parts was in very good condition, so it was left alone.

Photos are below.

IMG_5237.jpeg

IMG_5238.jpeg

IMG_5239.jpeg

IMG_5240.jpeg

IMG_5242.jpeg

IMG_5243.jpeg

IMG_5244.jpeg

IMG_5245.jpeg

IMG_5246.jpeg

IMG_5247.jpeg

IMG_5248.jpeg