FAQ: Engraving and Engravers Forum
Unread 11-21-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,158 Times in 823 Posts

Default FAQ: Engraving and Engravers Forum

Welcome to the Parker Engraving and Engravers Forum!

This area is a bit different than many of the other Parker Forums in that it is a place to share pictures, research and discussions regarding the engraving, and those who executed the engraving of Parker shotguns. At the same time – it is not a forum to critique the Parker, as we do not care if the gun has been restored or not, as long as the engraving is the original design and execution.

A couple of guidelines…

Posting Topic Titles: It would be really helpful if your topic format followed as such: “Parker GH (Your title)” for example: (Parker GH: Receiver and Floorplate). As well, PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD if you are showing A DIFFERENT PARKER THAN HAS BEEN POSTED. It would be helpful to describe the Parker overall (hammer, Damascus, serial number, unique features, etc.) so we can determine the era of manufacture and thus the engraving and possibly the engraver(s).

Photos: Folks have various skills with a camera and computer, so please don’t hesitate to ask for help in making your pictures better. As well – please do not take offense if someone asks for better pictures of certain aspects of your Parker – we are just trying to see the details of the engraving that you see “first hand”!

Anonymous Contributions: Occasionally, I or others will post pictures of Parkers for owners who wish to remain anonymous. That is fine, and if you are asked to do so, please post in your thread that you are posting for another person. Also – if you recognize that Parker - PLEASE DO NOT MENTION WHO THE PREVIOUS OR CURRENT OWNER IS – as they wanted to contribute to our knowledge anonymously, and I take their privacy seriously.

I’ll add to this FAQ as more folks have ideas and suggestions…

My Best Always,

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to John Dunkle For Your Post: