Thread: Repro case
View Single Post
Unread 01-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #5
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,304 Times in 445 Posts

During the close-out days there were several repro's sold minus the hard case & cover due to a shortage of the cases at the time. Buyers were told that the cases would be supplied at a later date, but not all were. I have a 28" 28ga case which is the correct case minus the canvas cover. The label in it is the correct one except it is rectangle rather than the oval. I've always suspected that it is one of the promised cases.

One of the other things that happens with early repro cases is that the first generation cloth over-covers were junk which deteriorated & ripped easily. A lot of these covers were simply thrown away. There's also people out there that don't see the need for a case and sold the case & kept the gun. Evaluate the gun on it's own basis and make a deduction for what you value the case at. Just because you feel the absence of the case de-values the gun, doesn't mean the seller will see it your way. I see repro cases for sale from time to time in the $250.00 to $400.00 range.
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Ehlers For Your Post: