View Single Post
Unread 11-17-2017, 09:07 AM   #12
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Mr. Romig was not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers just stating an opinion that the gun could be hard to put a price on without a lot of hands on, and you and I both pointed this out. The author of thread honestly depicted and indicated its condition and issues and Brian gave his loose thoughts based on its condition and quality. I think Brian even said it was maybe a higher grade than what thread author thought.

Like I said in present condition its hard to put a price range on it. It could be worth hundreds, it could be worth thousands, it could be worth tens of thousands depending on condition, story, uniqueness, etc. Given what we know or don't know, seeing pictures, and absorbing information about noted issues I would dare say vagaries of a market value could be very hard to predict. The functional and or economic life of this gun could have expired or its ready for a second wind. All I know is that I have seen plenty of cool old rabbit ear guns with nice wood at gun shops with dusty faded price tags. You can pick one up for a few hundred bucks or you could pay a few thousand. Answer is somewhere in between. To tighten that range maybe an expert can help but that might even take more effort than the guns worth.

Last edited by Todd Poer; 11-17-2017 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: Don't appreciate personal attacks and should not have responded the way I did.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote